GRANT DIAGNOSIS SEMINAR (20 October 2018)
This is simply a crash course that will give you the main perspective and tools to make a competitive grant application. In this seminar you will be instructed step by step through the narrative structure of a grant application. You will learn formulating your project description and artist statement as well as receive tips on portfolio making and successful artist resume preparation. Additionally, you will explore the ways of finding the suitable German and International application calls for your project/artwork.
Working topics include:
Module #1: On Funding Bodies
– Understanding Funding Bodies
– Decision process in funding application evaluations
– List of places to find suitable grant givers
– Getting over your writing blockage
Module #2: On Applications
– Structure of funding applications
– Creating a project description
– Writing your artist statement
– Key elements, tips and tricks for a successful application
* plus, a 20 mins. one-to-one consultancy with each participant on a particular project.
Who is it for:
Artists from all disciplines, art collectives, project curators, NGOs, grant writers, art managers who are currently (or soon will be) working on an application.
What to bring:
Computer, paper and pens recommended for note-taking.
Duration of the course:
4 hours in 1 day, plus 20 mins. individual consultancy on another scheduled day
20 October 2018, Saturday 11.00-15.30 with 30 mins break
Appointments for 20 mins. consultancy will be arranged separately.
Min. 4 people
Early Bird Rate only for the Diagnosis Seminar 95,20 EUR (inkl. 19% mwst) – Register by 16 October
Regular rate only for the Diagnosis Seminar 115 EUR (inkl. 19% mwst) – From 17 October on
Diagnosis Seminar + Operation Workshop, 2 days total 190,40 EUR (inkl. 19% mwst) – Register by 16 October
Diagnosis Seminar + Operation Workshop, 2 days total 218,50 EUR* (inkl. 19% mwst) – From 17 October on
* Those who attend this seminar and also registers at Operation Workshop session (from 17 October on) gets 10% discount.
Location: Lacuna Lab, Paul-Lincke-Ufer 44A 2.HH 1.OG, 10999 Berlin (Kreuzberg) [TBC]